Flowers by Janie is a boutique floral design studio specializing in fresh wedding and event design. Our signature style is natural, modern + sophisticated with an organic, picked from the garden feel.
We do not offer set packages for weddings and events; rather, the investment is customized to each event based on your needs and reflecting your vision and style. Flower pricing is based on the quantity of arrangements, bouquets etc. required, size and scale of the design, the variety of flowers and foliage used as well as the complexity of the design. We use only high quality local and imported flowers and foliage so that every event we supply florals to is nothing less than stunning!
We have a minimum financial commitment of $2,500 before gst + delivery year round.
We are a boutique floral design studio and take a limited number of wedding and event bookings each week. We pride ourselves in offering exceptional customer service as well as beautifully arranged florals for your special day!
Janie's Pick for couples with budgets below our minimum spend
If you are planning a smaller more intimate wedding and your budget falls below our minimum financial commitment please ask us about our "Janie's Pick" option which is our designers choice option. You tell us your wedding floral style & colour palette and we pick the blooms to design with based on your budget, colours and overall wedding style (taking into account allergies and colour/style preferences of course). You must trust our designers & floral design style completely for this option to work. Janie's Pick is not available for wedding dates that fall on long weekends. Delivery and set up are not available for couples choosing the "Janie's Pick" option. Pick up of flowers can be arranged from our studio in Southeast Calgary. Pick up could be scheduled the evening before the wedding or early morning the day of the wedding. If you are interested in Janie's Pick, a 20-30 minute Phone/Skype consultation is all that is needed for us to understand your vision and put a floral plan in place!
Because we value using quality blooms and creating a consistent, high quality floral design aesthetic throughout each wedding, we choose not to work with couples planning to do any part of the floral design themselves and ask to be the only floral designer at the wedding. We are very careful about what may be labeled as our work and take this into account when accepting new weddings.
We have a wide range of pricing depending on the needs of our clients. We have worked with floral budgets from $1,000 up to $15,000 with most couples spending somewhere between $3,000-$6,000 for all of their wedding day flowers.
- Bridal bouquets range between $225-425
- Bridesmaid bouquets range between $100-$175
- Boutonnières/Corsages range between $15-35
- Low centrepieces range between $30-250
- Elevated centrepieces range between $250-500
- Large ceremony arrangements range between $250-800
- Large swags or arch flowers range between $250-$1000
- Flower crowns range between $35-125
- Foliage and floral garlands range between $20/ft-$50/ft
"An absolutely talented florist! Our wedding flowers were so incredibly beautiful that our guests said they had to physically touch them to see if they were real or not. We kept hearing how gorgeous our flowers were, and we could not have been more pleased with them! I wish we could have another big celebration soon, just to have Janie do our flowers again. Worth every penny!"- Christina Brause, Cochrane, Alberta
Please view the Corporate & Residential tab for more information about corporate flowers or flowers for your home.
How Our Creative Process Works:
- Gather Information: Scroll through our galleries and read through our Frequently Asked Questions Page to make sure we will be a good fit for your wedding or event
- Book a Consultation with our Lead Designer: If your budget is in line with our minimum investment we'd love to meet with you for a one on one in person or phone consultation to discuss your wedding floral needs in detail. To book a complimentary consultation visit our Book A Consultation page to choose a date and time that work with your schedule. Please let us know the date of your event, the venue/location and the name of your photographer/videographer if applicable. We will check our calendar before confirming the appointment to make sure we have availability for your event. If you are interested in our Janie's Pick option please email us directly to set up a time for a 20-30 minute Phone/Skype consultation.
- The Initial Consultation: Consultations are by appointment only and must be scheduled in advance. It is complimentary and will take about 1 hour to complete. If you are choosing Janie's Pick a 10-15 minute Phone/Skype consultation is offered. We will discuss your event details, logistics and overall aesthetic. You can book your initial consultation here. Please read our blog post titled How to Prepare for your Wedding Floral Consultations if you would like more information about the consultation and what information to bring with you.
- Custom Proposal: Within a week of the initial consultation a custom proposal that is detailed and itemized will be emailed to you along with photos of the flowers that were discussed during the consultation.
- Signing a Contract: You will have 7 days to review and accept the proposal once you have received it. A 50% non refundable reservation retainer is required along with a signed contract to confirm your booking.
- Modifications: Details can be changed and adjustments made as the wedding planning process continues and we will remind you of final payment which is due three weeks before the wedding or event date. Please note that once the contract is signed we allow modifications to the same dollar value or additions to the floral order but not reductions.
If you'd like to better understand why wedding flowers carry the price tag they do; please read our blog post titled: The Truth About Wedding Flower Pricing
Please get in touch to learn how we can provide gorgeous florals that reflect your wedding vision! Contact us, Email or Call 403-700-8299
Photo credit: Alan Maudie